Distort objects

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Samson
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4

Distort objects

Post by Samson »

I'm having a problem with the distort objects function.

When choosing between two lines, it flips the image. When clicking on the top line, it says bottom vector ok, and visa-versa. I believe this is what's causing the flip.
I looked for an answer in the help menu, but didn't find it.

What's the best way to keep the image oriented properly?

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Distort objects

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Sampson,

I'm not understanding what you mean. I see no other responses yet. Maybe others are not understanding either (or maybe just haven't had a chance to respond). Screen shots or an example file might by helpful.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Make sure you select the vectors in the correct order or you will get the behavior you're seeing. Select the vector(s) to distort, then the bottom vector and finally the top vector. If you select the top vector first it will be treated as the bottom one.

Samson
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4

Post by Samson »

Adrian wrote:Make sure you select the vectors in the correct order or you will get the behavior you're seeing. Select the vector(s) to distort, then the bottom vector and finally the top vector. If you select the top vector first it will be treated as the bottom one.
It didn't matter which order I clicked the top and bottom lines, it would always say it was the opposite. I tried changing the start points, and that didn't work.

But I think I might have figured it out. There were some grouped vectors, so I ungrouped them, and everything behaved as expected. I don't know for sure if that was the problem, but it worked on several designs. I also selected the vectors to distort, then the lines, and finally chose the option for between the lines. When I clicked apply, it worked perfectly. Since this has worked, I'll keep using that method.

Thanks for the replies.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Glad you got it working. I took you too literally and it confused me when you said it was flipping the "image".

To me, an image is a Bitmap. I couldn't figure out how on earth a Bitmap image could be flipped (or even distorted at all) within the Vectric software! Apologies for my "literal mindset" on this.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC