Design and make machinist

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
cusoak
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL

Design and make machinist

Post by cusoak »

Is D&M Machinist a free soft ware that we can download and then buy project packages from to use in Vcarve desktop.
Is this correct.
I want to up grade to Vcarve desktop from cut2d desktop.
Jeff

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Re: Design and make machinist

Post by WaltS »

On the page about it here http://www.designandmake.com/index.php/software/ it says "If you do not already own Vectric Machining software, Design & Make Machinist, allows you to preview and create 3D toolpaths for any models you have downloaded free or purchased from our store." That would lead me to believe it is a stand alone program. Others with more knowledge I'm sure will chime in.

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Post by WaltS »

Now I'm curious and can't determine - can you combine individual models, say from the wildlife collection for example https://todd-bailey.squarespace.com/wil ... collection, and carve them, with this? I'm still on the pretty dense side with 3D stuff.

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Walt, yes you can mix and match D&M models to your hearts extents. In Aspire, at least, you can even add them to STL files.
Mark
Pioneer, CA

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

redwood wrote:Walt, yes you can mix and match D&M models to your hearts extents. In Aspire, at least, you can even add them to STL files.
Walt is talking about a specific program that D&M provide free for machining their models to those who don't own vcarve or aspire rather than the actual use of the models themselves :lol: :lol:

Guessing it is the same program that vectorart3d use to provide, sorry Walt can't help with any detail about D&M Machinist :lol: