help making a 2.5/3d file

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Prmvera
Model of CNC Machine: X-carve

help making a 2.5/3d file

Post by Prmvera »

hello, i was wonder anybody can help with a 2.5 or 3d image. at work they asked me if i can make a plaque for a few drivers for achieving 3 million miles over the road . i have the Vectric pro and PhotoVcarve , id like to carve out just the front of the truck outline and detail. not sure how to post a pic but i can send it if anyone can help , thank you in advance.

Martin Reid
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Re: help making a 2.5/3d file

Post by Martin Reid »

Dear 'prmvera'

Have a look at this tutorial video it's all in there.
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... ideo_id=21

Best of luck with the project

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin

P.S. Other tutorial video's
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... =1&order=1

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Would something like this do?
Image 105.png
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What sort of truck ? your best bet would probably be to profile cut the outline cutting to a set depth rather than vcarving which would mean using vectors of the front of the truck & cutting on the line, as a signmaker I have vehicle outline disks which contain these but I believe some companies sell individual outlines so you could probably buy the correct outline for the specific truck you require :lol: Reason for the profile cut on the line rather than a vcarve is than a lot of the vectors are open which would mean a vcarve toolpath won't work.
Or you may be able to find something you could auto trace but that would be more time consuming to get right.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Just fiddling around.... :D :D :D
Image 107.png
John
Maker of Chips

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

highpockets wrote:Just fiddling around.... :D :D :D
Image 107.png
Some pretty good fiddling John. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

John, the problem with what you have done is that the OP is using Vcarve which doesn't have the tools to create models from either vectors or bitmaps as Aspire does so unless they have access to some other 3D modelling software what you have done is not really an option for them without asking for someone to convert an Aspire model to stl for them :lol:

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

martin54 wrote:John, the problem with what you have done is that the OP is using Vcarve which doesn't have the tools to create models from either vectors or bitmaps as Aspire does so unless they have access to some other 3D modelling software what you have done is not really an option for them without asking for someone to convert an Aspire model to stl for them :lol:
Martin, Thanks for the input, but I was careful to only use what available to VCP. Google is your friend.... I found a 3D model of a Semi Truck I liked, I then imported the model and used the Orientate 3D Model to adjust the model to suit. I then used Scale z Height to compress the z detail to about .2".

The shield is directly out of VCP clipart and the lettering is.... well that's no problem.
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

HaHa, google isn't my friend !!! I am not a fan of the way any browser keeps tabs on what you are doing on the internet lol.

I actually thought you had created it from a bitmap, probably the way it's been compressed gave me that impression, should really have known better shouldn't I :oops: :oops:

I could delete my last post but probably better to leave it as a reminder not to put my foot in my mouth quite so often :lol: :lol: :lol:

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

martin54 wrote:HaHa, google isn't my friend !!! I am not a fan of the way any browser keeps tabs on what you are doing on the internet lol.

I actually thought you had created it from a bitmap, probably the way it's been compressed gave me that impression, should really have known better shouldn't I :oops: :oops:

I could delete my last post but probably better to leave it as a reminder not to put my foot in my mouth quite so often :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't mind playing around, but I sure as heck wasn't going to spend the time modeling something that I didn't need from scratch.

Embrace the technology, you lost your privacy a long time ago with out your knowledge :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
Maker of Chips