Carved walnut cross

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Rubiconlwb
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

Carved walnut cross

Post by Rubiconlwb »

Cross small 1.jpg
I have made several projects since I got my Piranha CNC Router a few months ago. My latest is a cross made from walnut that I just finished. I downloaded the pattern off the internet and had to spend several hours manipulating it so it would carve properly and look good. It was very challenging but I am also very pleased with the finished product. I am hoping to make a couple more, one of which I will donate to my church from them to sell in their craft shop. My photography skills leave a lot to be desired but I hope you can get an idea of how it looks.
Attachments
Cross small 2.jpg
Cross small 3.jpg

Joeshark
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD4

Re: Carved walnut cross

Post by Joeshark »

Very nice job! Is it two different peace's, and what are the dimensions? I would like to make something like that for my church.

Rubiconlwb
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

Re: Carved walnut cross

Post by Rubiconlwb »

Joeshark wrote:Very nice job! Is it two different peace's, and what are the dimensions? I would like to make something like that for my church.
Yes, it is two pieces glued together using a halflap joint. It is 13" tall and 9" wide overall and the pieces are about 2-1/2" wide and 5/8" thick. I am going to make another to donate to our church as well.