Attaching a note to a project

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Rubiconlwb
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

Attaching a note to a project

Post by Rubiconlwb »

Is there some place in a project where a person can add notes? I have found several instances where I would like to add a note that will assist me when cutting out a project but have not found a place to do that. Is there somewhere I have missed or is there a work-around where I can add a note or notes that attach to the .crv file so they are available whenever I load a project? Any help will be appreciated.

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Attaching a note to a project

Post by FixitMike »

Edit--Notes

The post processor I use includes the note in the G code file.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

samr77
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by samr77 »

Under the "Edit" tab there is a "Notes" entry.
This will bring up a window where you can put notes about the project.
Also, if the first character in the window is a period (.) the note will pop up when you open the project

Sam

Rubiconlwb
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

Post by Rubiconlwb »

Thank guys! That is exactly what I was looking for but don't understand how I missed it in my attempt to find such a feature. This will come in very handy in reminding me of specifics for each project.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

There are a few places you can put notes in in VCarve and optionally output them to the post processed file.

As has been said the top level one is under the Edit menu. You can also put notes against individual tools in the database and also against toolpaths themselves by double clicking on the word Toolpaths above the toolpath list or double clicking on the clock icon (toolpath summary).

The tool notes setting from the database can also be overridden within individual toolpaths by clicking the Edit button in the Tool section of the toolpath.

Finally you can output a job sheet with lots of useful info as well as all the different notes by clicking the Create Job sheet icon on the toolpath tab or Create Job Sheet from the Toolpaths menu.