node editing

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
blacktrain
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift 4x4

node editing

Post by blacktrain »

Greetings: I am a newbie with all this so please forgive me if I ask dumb questions, I have so much to learn. I want to cut out a 12" by 12" triangle, which I have no problem making the triangle in v-carve pro. The problem i am having is the points of the triangle are too sharp for cutting out so I would like to use the node editing feature to round the points somewhat. I know how to do this, the thing I can't figure out is how to make each corner the same size, I get one corner either a little fatter or maybe a little shorter. I can't seem to make them uniform. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: node editing

Post by mtylerfl »

Hello,

Use the Fillet Tool. Set whatever radius you want, then click on each corner to "round" them
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

BTW, if you are just cutting out the inside of a polygon then the bit you use will take care of leaving the corners rounded even if the vectors come to a point.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

The easiest way as Michael has already mentioned is to use the fillet tool but you can do it using node editing, just not as quick especially if you are new to this sort of thing :lol: :lol:
You could use the grid which would allow you to accurately place nodes & move control handle points :lol:

The drawing & node editing tools will take some time to get the hang of but well worth taking the time to learn (well I think they are). :lol: :lol:

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Post by WaltS »

All good answers, I really like 4Dthinkers idea to just let the bit take care of it if it's not something precise. A 1/4" bit will leave a larger radius than an 1/8" bit, etc. No mucking with editing the shape. The filet tool is easy to use though, and once you get into it node editing is a must to know. But for this simple question there are simple answers. :lol: