Copy or Align Tabs From TP 1 to TP 2?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Copy or Align Tabs From TP 1 to TP 2?

Post by WaltS »

Is there a way to copy or align tabs from one toolpath to another to assure they are exactly in the same location? I can't find anything and have a brain block about now. The toolpaths are not identical, one is a rectangle and one is a modified version of that rectangle with some slight curves and they use different vectors but the tab placement would work out where I have located them for each if I can line them up.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Copy or Align Tabs From TP 1 to TP 2?

Post by Adrian »

The tab locations are stored as part of the vectors rather than the toolpaths so you could only do it by copying the vectors but editing for the new shape might mess things up.

WaltS
Vectric Wizard

Post by WaltS »

Thanks, I got that. But you can't copy the vectors with the tabs. When you copy the vector the tabs are not included. My work around so far is to place the tabs at a spot easily to duplicate from one vector to another (like at exactly 4 and 14 for example using the ruler) but exact locations don't always lend themselves to being in the right spot, and when you have more than a couple tabs it's quite time to consuming to keep going back and forth to verify each tab is exactly where it needs to be.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Odd, the tabs are definitely included when I copy vectors. It's something I do all the time. You can even cut and paste vectors between different sessions and the tab information is still present.

WaltS
Vectric Wizard

Post by WaltS »

Well than I'm obviously not doing it right. How/where do you copy the vector with tabs? I was trying to do it by selecting the Toolpath with the tabs,selecting the vector showing the tabs, and right clicking copy, then trying to paste it. It pastes the vector, but not the tabs

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

You won't see the tabs until you add the vector to a toolpath with tabs enabled. Just copy and paste the vectors as normal. Tabs are part of the vector information but are only displayed when a toolpath is created.

WaltS
Vectric Wizard

Post by WaltS »

Ok, thanks, that makes sense. Will give it a go and see what we come up with.