New User - Hello

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
meflick
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

New User - Hello

Post by meflick »

Hello. I'm a relative new user. I have been on the forum "lurking" since my hubby and I decided to get a CNC for our Christmas gift but have not posted anything yet. We purchased a Shark HD4 and it came with Vectric Pro Desktop version. At this point, I am trying to learn all I can so have been regularly checking the forums and watching the tutorials. We have made a few things - thanks in large part to the free projects and images from Design and Make. I was going to share a couple pics of some of those items, but am having problems it seems getting it to post. Is there a limit on the number of photos I can include in one post? Is there a limit on my ability to post a photo until I have been on the forum for a little while? When I tried to add a photo, after, I do the upload attachment, choose the file do I have to click on the "add the file" to have it added to the post? What file formats can be used? Is there a limit on the file size its self? Reason I am asking is that when I try to add a file, after I choose it, I click on the "add file" and then it doesn't do anything and my post sort of disappeared. I am not new to forums, but they all work a little different so I am just trying to figure this one out. thanks for any help or insight anyone can give me and other newbies. If there is somewhere here on the forum that answers these questions please point me in that direction. I didn't see anything and have been lurking and exploring. Thanks for your help and insight. I look forward to being able to participate and maybe someday, provide some help.

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: New User - Hello

Post by scottp55 »

Welcome :)
Haven't checked limit recently, but I can do five pics on one thread.
I don't' THINK there's a time limit before you can post pics(?)
Most likely it's the size of the pic.
I use Irfanview to resize, simply because it's what I'm used to....here's a pic of the settings I use to convert my LARGE Canon pics to Forum acceptable size as a .JPG.
Again...welcome to the forum!
scott
Attachments
resize IRFANVIEW.jpg
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

You are limited to 3 uploads (photo or file) per message and a maximum of 3MB. There are various photo resizing tools available including free online resizers.

Use your favorite search engine with the words: online photo resize free

If you need to share large files (>3MB) such as CRV files with the group you can use google drive or a site like dropbox.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

meflick
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by meflick »

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the information. I am familiar with resizing my photos, so I will double check their sizes and resize as needed. I will check that, and try again to add some photos to the gallery shortly of some tablet holders I made based on the lab file recently shared by Vectric.thanks again.