cutting depth on Piranha

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
rtko555
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL

cutting depth on Piranha

Post by rtko555 »

Newbie here. Using a Piranha XL. Still trying to learn the program. I am having trouble getting my router to cut deeper. No matter what depth I have set in the program it keeps cutting the same. I set zero at the top of material. It'll make 2 passes with one cutting air. Also when I go to the pendant and press the home button my "Z" doesn't go all the way back down to the material at original starting point. I know I am missing something I just don't know what....Everything looks good in the program. Also using the post processor CNC Pirahna Arc.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: cutting depth on Piranha

Post by martin54 »

I am not familiar with the control software you are using but I would check that you aren't using any kind of offset if you are 100% sure you are actually setting your z zero to the top of the material, Like I say I don't know anything about the control system but I would have thought that homing would sent the machine to absolute zero or machine zero which can be very different to the x,y, z zero for your stock material

I would also ask this question on the shark forum as that is more specific to their machines so you might get the answer quicker :lol: :lol: :lol: