Scaling a PDF drawing

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
JimEE
Model of CNC Machine: Home Build

Scaling a PDF drawing

Post by JimEE »

How do I scale a pdf drawing to fit my project dimensions? I had to change the file extension to DXF to import it into v-carve but it is so big it won't fix on the drawing space and I can't figure out how to shrink it to fit.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Scaling a PDF drawing

Post by highpockets »

If you imported your drawing as a dxf then any of the vector tools will work. To scale the drawing under Transfer Object use Set Selected Objects Size.
John
Maker of Chips

JimEE

Post by JimEE »

Thanks a lot Highpockets. Another quick question. Do you know of anyone who has made their CNC from scratch. I keep inquiring but I keep getting responses from people who assembled kits.

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Post by WaltS »

JimEE, look up dwilli9013 here, I believe he built his himself.

JimEE

Post by JimEE »

I looked up dwilli9013, but saw no way of contacting him. Haven't been on this forum very long so I don't know how to contact people.

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Post by WaltS »

When you are logged in go to a post by that user, hover over the post, a black envelope icon will appear over on the right with their profile. Click on it and that should open a private message option. Note - If you are new to the forum you may have to contact Vectric support and ask them to enable PMs for you.

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

JimEE wrote:I looked up dwilli9013, but saw no way of contacting him. Haven't been on this forum very long so I don't know how to contact people.
I did indeed design and build my machine. I can be reached at ddub63@gmail.com I am also getting prepared to build another machine with a larger build area and adding a 5th axis for a rotary. :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi: I built two of them. The first is mostly good plywood with some angle braces. I used 1.25dia thick wall anodized aluminum tubing
for the guides and used Igus mechanical parts for the slides and z axis. This machine has been running for 9 years so far. The second
one is all aluminum structure and also has a rotary drive. This one has a 10x11 working footprint, the other is 24x30. Both of them have recently gotten spindle up grades from the Bosch routers they head.

JimEE

Post by JimEE »

Hi Norman, I'd like to use you as a information resource if I could. If that is ok e-mail me at Jime921@gmail.com