File conversion

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
InstrumentTech
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft 2/840

File conversion

Post by InstrumentTech »

I have an Artcam 3D file .rlf Wondering if this can be converted to be used with vcarve desktop. Thanks

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: File conversion

Post by highpockets »

If you have Artcam this thread may help.
http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6054
John
Maker of Chips

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi,

Since Autodesk announced that they have stopped developing and selling ArtCAM, we have had quite a few queries on this subject and have put together a page covering the most common questions and ways to get data from ArtCAM into Vectric products.

http://www.vectric.com/support/switchin ... ctric.html

Please note that as per current versions of ArtCAM, .rlf files need to be exported out as V9 compatible files.

The link John posted was an old thread dating back to 2009 and things have changed since then, particularly with respect to importing .rlf files.

Brian

InstrumentTech
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft 2/840

Post by InstrumentTech »

BrianM wrote:Hi,

Since Autodesk announced that they have stopped developing and selling ArtCAM, we have had quite a few queries on this subject and have put together a page covering the most common questions and ways to get data from ArtCAM into Vectric products.

http://www.vectric.com/support/switchin ... ctric.html

Please note that as per current versions of ArtCAM, .rlf files need to be exported out as V9 compatible files.

The link John posted was an old thread dating back to 2009 and things have changed since then, particularly with respect to importing .rlf files.

Brian
Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

BradyWatson
Vectric Craftsman

Post by BradyWatson »

If I buy a Vectric product will I actually own the software?

Yes – from day one you will own the software outright. In addition, unlike most software companies Vectric allow you to transfer your licence to another user if you sell your CNC on the payment of a small licence transfer fee.
In wake of the recent changes over at Autodesk/ArtCAM, I have fielded many desperate calls and emails from my customers. Naturally my first reaction, besides empathy, is to suggest Aspire as an alternative for many of ArtCAM's functions. Hats off to Vectric for making accommodations for these customers to be able to continue working with their relief and vector artwork critical to their businesses.

In speaking to a wide array of Vectric customers around the world, there has been much anxiety in regards to whether Vectric would also jump on the ransomware bandwagon. I cannot express how happy I am that Vectric still sells perpetual licenses for their software. This is very important to a number of us, with ArtCAM's end of life being a prime example.

The reality of life for many of us who use the software to feed our families, is that business, especially in the past 10 years, has been erratic. Many have expressed the fear that if they are unable to pay their monthly subscription for a few months, and the opportunity to do a job came through the door, that they may not be able to afford to ante up the ransom to just be able to work again.

So I just wanted to say thank you and commend Vectric for taking the road less traveled. I think I speak for many when I say that we certainly appreciate Vectric's level of integrity and commitment to their customers. It is clear to me that, "Vectric - Passionate about CNC" is much more than just a catchy slogan.

Cheers!
Brady Watson
IBILD Solutions
High Definition 3D Laser Scanning www.IBILD.com