Toolpath for clipart

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
aeddave
Model of CNC Machine: Digital Carver 1824

Toolpath for clipart

Post by aeddave »

Sorry for the newbie question. I'm new to CNC and VCarve. Can you tell me which tutorial to watch to do the following? I've watched many, but they are about building the project and end before creating the toolpaths for a 3D carving. When I select the clipart, it is not recognized as a vector.

I would like to know how to take make the clipart a vector (model) to create toolpaths. My immediate need is to cut out some 3D flourishes to add to cabinetry.

Thanks for any advise

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Toolpath for clipart

Post by highpockets »

I believe what you want is a boundary vector around a clipart so you can cut it out after machining the clipart.
Image 091.png
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Toolpath for clipart

Post by martin54 »

Not sure if I have read your post correctly or not but the 3D clipart doesn't contain any vectors, they are bitmaps so the usual toolpaths like the profile, pocket or cvarve toolpaths are not suitable for machining 3D models, you need to use the 3D roughing & finishing toolpaths to be able to machine any 3D components.

The shell sign tutorial covers toolpathing for 3D but there are many others, some of them it is more towards the end of the tutorial with the start covering other aspects like building up the design.

If you do simply want a boundary vector so you can cut out a 3D part then John has covered it for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V9 ... okmarks=3d