Help for a newbie

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
MIDCMILFORD
Model of CNC Machine: piranha

Help for a newbie

Post by MIDCMILFORD »

I am trying a new design on a sign, and am having a strange problem. I set up a pocket toolpath for a firstname at .0625 depth. Then I wanted to place the last name underneath, so I set up another pocket toolpath with a start depth of .0625, and depth of .125. It seems to work for part of the names, but does something different at the end. The first part of the Fisher name and the name Mccall is how I want it, but then the name phil is not visible and the name Fisher is differnent on the E and R. Probably something easy, but i don't know why it would change in the middle of a single text line. picture is attached.
Attachments
help picture.jpg

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: Help for a newbie

Post by Bob Reda »

There is a tutorial somewhere on text on text carving. I don't have the time to try and find it right now but it is out there.
Bob

joeporter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy Standard

Post by joeporter »

http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... cks_1.html See if this is of some help. also:
http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... cks_3.html This looks like one of those two monitor projects :D :D ...joe

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Post by wmgeorge »

I would start with something a little less complex and work your way along to advanced.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Create three layers.
Top text
Bottom text
Combined text

Convert top and bottom text to curves
On the script you chose for the top text you need to use the weld tool to resolve the overlap area of the script.
Copy top and bottom text to Combined layer

Use the weld tool on all vectors except the loops in the l's, a, &, P.

The R and hil overlap is a bit trickier, you need to weld the loop in the R to the hil separately, I used a second copy of the loop in the R then used the overlap tool to clean it up.

Hope this all make since.

Note: the loops in the l's on the size and script I use don't cut, but doesn't have anything to do with the example.
Image 087.png
John
Maker of Chips

MIDCMILFORD
Model of CNC Machine: piranha

Post by MIDCMILFORD »

Awesome.....Thanks!!!!!