Trouble with vectors

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Joeshark
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD4

Trouble with vectors

Post by Joeshark »

When I select all the vectors for a sign, I draw a box from right to left and select the words, then make a toolpath. when I hit preview toolpaths it wont cut all the letters. it might not cut the "T" in the. Or the "F" in for. but all the rest will be ok. I've not had this problem before. Thanks I'm still learning.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Trouble with vectors

Post by Adrian »

Can be a number of things. Could be overlapping vectors or it could be that the tool just can't fit into those areas. You can check that by turning on the Solid toolpath preview in the top bar.

To be able to tell you exactly what is wrong you will need to attach the CRV file itself so people can inspect the vectors.

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Post by WaltS »

Could be many things but one thought is this - if the T and F are Caps and the rest lower case, maybe when your're drawing your box to select them you are drawing a bit in too close and not actually selecting all of the Cap T and F. Happens easily even when you've done it hundreds or thousands of times. You have to make sure you get the entire vector inside the box, not just 98% of it, otherwise it won't be selected and the other smaller letters will be.

Barry Anderson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Post by Barry Anderson »

Another way to ensure all vectors are highlighted to be part of the toolpath is to hit control a. This 'captures' everything on the drawing.
Barry

Joeshark
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD4

Post by Joeshark »

Thanks everyone for your input.