model draw up

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Just Starting
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark v21

model draw up

Post by Just Starting »

hello everyone and happy new year 2018

my question is drawing up the artwork. i've always used the vcare program to draw up my models. after watching hours of you tube video about vcarve, lots of folks use some type of cad, or inkscape, or vcarve to draw the model.

my question is why not use vcarve? am i missing a better way of drawing?

thanks
just starting

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: model draw up

Post by Adrian »

In many cases people use other programs because it's what they're used to rather than any deficiency in VCarve.

Many times I've seen people posting that VCarve can't do something that the program they use can when it really can. It's just that the terminology or way of working is different.

Also many YouTube videos are years old and facilities that may not have existed in VCarve when they were made now does. There are things that dedicated CAD programs can do that VCarve can't but they can be worked around in my experience.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I have used many "other" CAD programs, even to the point of being very comfortable with them. I use vectric CAD for about all stuff related to the CAM side of the world. It's just the cat's meow for the vector creation to be used in the CAM world. I just like it - but it does take a learning curve - just like all the rest.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Just Starting
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark v21

Post by Just Starting »

ok guys
thanks for the info