Issue with toolpath startpoinnt

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Kle777levi
Model of CNC Machine: CNCRouterParts 48x48

Issue with toolpath startpoinnt

Post by Kle777levi »

https://imgur.com/a/BxWb9

This morning I turned on my machine and vcarve and noticed a weird issue, my tool paths are not going to my offset start points as you can see in the picture. I haven't touched my machine since Friday and can't seem to figure out what i could have changed that caused this. Any help would be appreciated.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Issue with toolpath startpoinnt

Post by mtylerfl »

1) I don't see any Offset Start Point designated in your job setup. (you have the XY Datum Position set in the lower-left corner with no offsets applied)

2) Did you try recalculating all toolpaths then taking another look at your preview after that?
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Kle777levi

Post by Kle777levi »

I have never used a start point offset before.

https://imgur.com/a/xHgUT (This is a screenshot of a project cut out last Friday)

Also I did try recalculating and the same problem persists, I also tried COMPLETELY closing VCARVE and creating a new file. Same issue, none of my older projects have this issue. I'm really at a loss, because I haven't touched these computers and CNC machine all weekend, and on Friday I was designing and cutting with no issues.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Kle777levi wrote:I have never used a start point offset before.

https://imgur.com/a/xHgUT

Also I did try recalculating and the same problem persists, I also tried COMPLETELY closing VCARVE and creating a new file. Same issue, none of my older projects have this issue. I'm really at a loss, because I haven't touched these computers and CNC machine all weekend, and on Friday I was designing and cutting with no issues.

Ok, I thought when you said "my tool paths are not going to my offset start points" you meant you were indeed wanting to use an offset start position (but you had none set in your screenshot example). Suffice to say it was confusing.

Go ahead and upload your troublesome file here. We can take a look at it to see what's up and let you know.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Kle777levi

Post by Kle777levi »

Sorry I was confusing. I meant my offsets in Mach3. Apologies.

Any file that I create now is messed up, so here it is.
Thismakesmesad.crv
(51 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Kle777levi

Post by Kle777levi »

alsomakesmesad.crv
(177 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Here's another.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Are you homing your machine when first switched on ? Are you using a G55, G56 etc offset ?

Kle777levi

Post by Kle777levi »

Yes, machine was homed when I started it and I am using G57, which is what Iuse for MOST of my projects.

Kle777levi

Post by Kle777levi »

I tried to design a bit bigger of a project and the position seems to be the same place as the previous files. It's almost like I'm using a zero offset when I clearly have none set, and never have set one.

https://imgur.com/a/K5pIQ

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

OK so is the machine moving to where you would expect when you use the G57 work offset. I ask because it is so easy to change the offset without even realising you have done it (ask me how I know :oops: :oops:)

It may be that you have changed it without realising. What I do now to prevent me altering my work offsets is to select the one I want to use, move the gantry to that position & then select G54 zero out the x & y axis & then set my z axis.

Have you upgraded your Vectric software at all ? If you have then check the x y & z starting positions in the toolpath set up menu, been caught out by that one in the past as well :lol: :lol:

Kle777levi

Post by Kle777levi »

Hey man, I really appreciate you. You fixed my issue with the XYZ coordinates in the tool path setup menu. I just cant figure out how they got changed. The last update to VCARVE was a while ago if I remember correctly.

Anyways, THANKS A BUNCH!