Tracing Bitmaps?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Workbee 1000x750 Mach 4 PMDX Controller

Tracing Bitmaps?

Post by wmgeorge »

It would be so nice to be able to Search the Help menu selection on the program. VCarve Pro v9. the selection for Importing Bitmap for Tracing. Ok, Bitmap is Imported.... now what? Is there a Trace function I am not seeing, like Corel Draw uses?

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: Tracing Bitmaps?

Post by ger21 »

The icon that looks like a bird.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

wmgeorge wrote:It would be so nice to be able to Search the Help menu selection on the program.
You can search by clicking the Single Page link at the bottom of the Help to load all the pages into whichever browser you're using and then use the search facility of the browser to search for what you want.

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman

Post by wmgeorge »

Ok I found it before I checked back in here. Not to be nit picky or whine ..... Why not a Search Function in Help? Sad and you should not have to do a work around to get Help especially of a first class program like VCarve Pro.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

wmgeorge wrote:Ok I found it before I checked back in here. Not to be nit picky or whine ..... Why not a Search Function in Help? Sad and you should not have to do a work around to get Help especially of a first class program like VCarve Pro.
You can perform a search in either the html or the pdf versions of the manual by pressing Ctrl+F on your keypad. A Search Box appears for you to type into.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

wmgeorge wrote:Ok I found it before I checked back in here. Not to be nit picky or whine ..... Why not a Search Function in Help? Sad and you should not have to do a work around to get Help especially of a first class program like VCarve Pro.
It's not really a workaround. It's how searching is done on any web page and the Help is a web page. The search is a function of the browser or, if viewing the PDF version, the PDF reader program that the user has installed on their PC.

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman

Post by wmgeorge »

Adrian wrote:
It's not really a workaround. It's how searching is done on any web page and the Help is a web page. The search is a function of the browser or, if viewing the PDF version, the PDF reader program that the user has installed on their PC.
I would love to have a PDF to read where is it? Not on my computer in the VCarve V9 directory. I just tried the Search suggestion, Single Page Search and it took me to the Internet with all kinds of results.... nothing about VCarve.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Post by dealguy11 »

You need to look a little harder. If you bring up "Help Contents" in the help dropdown, it brings up the help system which is a web-based form. At the bottom of the form is a row of items, one of which is "Single Page". If you click on "Single Page", you will then see another prompt at the bottom of the screen that says "PDF Version". If you click on that, then voila - you get all 392 pages of the manual in PDF format.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

wmgeorge
Vectric Craftsman

Post by wmgeorge »

And I can SAVE the PDF make a shortcut to the file and access on My computer and Search, I looked for this on this website and no PDF to download?? So why is it a Hidden feature buried in the bottom of the web interface?

BTW the CRTL+F Option on the web help did not fine Trace. But the Trace function (which I just tried) works as good as any I have used. Sure saves a lot of screwing around with trying to do it in Corel Draw and Export as a DXF!

Thank You for the Help!!!