Clock gears

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
lfinsr57
Model of CNC Machine: Home built

Re: Clock gears

Post by lfinsr57 »

Well, I bought the plans for the Arts and Crafts clock from Clayton Boyer, the start of what will be a journey. I have no affiliation other than that's the design my wife I and decided we liked. There doesn't look to be anything easy about this and it will undoubtedly be a test of patience. Hopefully I'm up for it.

I watched the video of the tape/CA trick and it looks intriguing. I have no doubt it will hold the larger parts without problem but there are some smaller parts I may have some problems with. Cutting with a 1/16" EM will limit the load on the work piece so it may work. Worst thing is I have a small missile in the shop. :oops:

On a side note, the instructions lack organization. I've been looking at them for several hours now and am just now putting together the scope of what's needed. Don't get me wrong, the instructions are all there, just wish there were more organization, details, and most of all pictures. Oh, and you have to build the magnetic pulse generator from scratch too... :shock: