Vector Validator

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
swonser
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Desktop

Vector Validator

Post by swonser »

Hi all,

I really like the new features in VCarve Pro v9, especially the double side carving support. The Vector Validator in seems like a great feature as well. However, I'm having some problems using it.

I've imported a vector drawing that I got from the internet and then ran the Vector Validator over it. The drawing had thousands of zero-length spans and the Vector Validator took care of all of them! Now I'm left with a number of Overlaps and Intersections that the Vector Validator identifies, but I can't seem to see the problems. I zoom in to 100% where the indicator boxes appear and switch to node view on the offending vector, but can't see anything wrong. Can someone please explain the best way to view and fix the Overlaps and Intersections identified by the Vector Validator?

Thanks,
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Vector Validator

Post by Adrian »

In node edit you will need to drag one of the nodes to one side and you should then be able to see the other line underneath. It's also possible to spot them in normal view as the dashed line of a selected vector has a slightly different appearance in areas where there are overlaps.

There are lots of ways of correcting them but for most I hover over the overlapping span in node edit mode and press D to delete the span.