Freebee?!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro

Re: Freebee?!

Postby Jane Ndungu » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks for sharing the files, will sure try it out.
Jane
Jane Ndungu
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: TS1325

Postby Metalbender » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:20 am

Hunterland, I don't know why they won't open in Aspire. The files are a standard stl.
You might want to post this question in the Aspire forum.
I taught myself how to create these this way, for V-Carve, because I had heard that Aspire was very proprietary.
Try downloading one of the free solid model viewers available online and see if they open. I recommend Meshlab.
I have worked with these in G-Max, Blender, MeshLab, Meshmixer, Fusion 360, Esprit, SculptGL, and Windows 3D Paint.
Please keep me posted on this situation...if the glitch is on my end I'll seach for, and develope a fix.
If you're a member of CNC Zone you could bring it up there. There is a Vectric forum in there. Those guys are light years ahead of my abilities.

Greg
Metalbender

Model of CNC Machine: HOME BUILT

Postby Adrian » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:16 am

Any model created in Aspire can be saved as STL and it can import STL as well so it's not proprietary in that respect. It's native model format is but that doesn't have to be used.

The process of importing an STL file is the same in VCarve and Aspire as far as getting it into the Vectric product goes. Click the "Import a component or 3D model" icon or choose the same item from the menu. I tested them and they import into Aspire fine.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby Hunterland » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi there again, I found out that when I downloaded the files. I didn't add the. ...... in the name. What a difference a dot makes. Thanks for the files, Don
Hunterland
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: prs standard

Postby Metalbender » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Don, glad you got the files downloaded. There will be one more I'm going to do, It's Christmas themed, and I was a little concerned about everybody having access to it.
I should have it done this coming week.

Adrian, thanks for the clarification about Aspire. I guess some of the people in other forums I frequent are misinformed.

Greg
Metalbender

Model of CNC Machine: HOME BUILT

Previous

Return to VCarve - General