V-Carving issues into tight corners

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
MRH91
Model of CNC Machine: OPUS CNC

V-Carving issues into tight corners

Post by MRH91 »

Hi all,

I have an X-CARVE and using V-Carve Desktop. I don't know whether this could be down to the incorrect tooling dimensions or if the belts are loose or something else I'm missing, so thought I would visit here in hope of a solution. As you can see from the images, I'm getting small circles right up into the corners of my v-carvings. Although this is such a small thing and most clients wouldn't ever notice, I'm more of a perfectionist so would be grateful for any help with this problem. Obviously the corner circles are more noticeable once the engraving is filled with epoxy, which is something I tend to do.

Thanks!

MRH91

Re: V-Carving issues into tight corners

Post by MRH91 »

Sorry, I'm unsure why the BBCode isn't working properly, I'm not great with forums...

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Small circles like that can be caused by the V-bit not being the same angle as programmed (VCarve is expecting a 90 degree but it's actually 88 degrees for instance), movement in the machine itself or setting the z-zero fractionally out so the toolpath is cutting deeper than it should.

MRH91

Post by MRH91 »

Adrian wrote:Small circles like that can be caused by the V-bit not being the same angle as programmed (VCarve is expecting a 90 degree but it's actually 88 degrees for instance), movement in the machine itself or setting the z-zero fractionally out so the toolpath is cutting deeper than it should.
Thank you! I think it may be down to the zeroing of the bit. Although manufacturers can get things wrong, I have only used high quality bits from Amana tools. I tend to use Universal G Code Sender and haven't figured out whether there's an option to zero out the bit using my Z-Probe for the X-CARVE. Is this able to be done?

Thanks again.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

It doesn't matter what bits you buy if you are having problems it is still worth checking, even high quality bits can sometime be wrong :lol: :lol:

Have a read through this post & then test your own bits :lol: :lol:

http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2164