Fanuc Controller Post Processor

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
CastleWorks

Fanuc Controller Post Processor

Post by CastleWorks »

Hi All,

I have a CNC mill with an automatic tool changer that uses a Fanuc OM controller. I have used VCarve 6.5 to program a part and tried both the Fanuc16 ATC and the Fanuc0i ATC post processors. Most of the programming works fine but it hangs up when it goes to change tools. Essentially it moves to the tool change height and stops but never proceeds to change tools.

Do you know if there are other Fanuc post processors available for VCarve Pro? Can the post processors be edited?

Thanks

Kevin

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Fanuc Controller Post Processor

Post by Adrian »

The post processors are text files and can be edited. There is a post processor editing guide on the Help menu for VCarve but I don't remember if it was on V6.5 or not. This link is to an older version - http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6213

Generally the tool changing routines call macros setup within the controller software itself.

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510,24x48 GCnC/WinCNC

Re: Fanuc Controller Post Processor

Post by dealguy11 »

What specific CNC machine do you have? There are some post-processors in the list (for example, the ones for Omnitech) that are for machines with Fanuc controllers. If yours is a name brand machine, you might find one for it. Note - I DO NOT suggest you just use the Omnitech post-processor without first confirming that it will work with your machine.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost