pass depth

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

pass depth

Post by knowlzy0791 »

so i recently upgraded to vcarve 9.0 and i had it set to where if the cut was deeper than the width of the end mill i was using (.25) about 95% of the time it would only do one pass to cut everything out but if i was cutting on 3/8 too 1/2 inch it would do two passes does anyone no how to make it go back to what it was doing before i was so use to it doing that and keep forgetting to change the number of passes on new drawing any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: pass depth

Post by Adrian »

The default number of passes comes from the tool setup itself in the tool database so check what the pass depth is set to on the tool you're using.

Sounds like you might have selected a different tool or not copied your tool database over when upgrading.

If it's the passes option on the toolpath itself you can't find then make sure you have Show Advanced Toolpath Options checked. From what you're saying though I suspect it's the tool definition that is different.

knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

Re: pass depth

Post by knowlzy0791 »

ya it was sitting on a different "tool" aka pretty much the same tool i use just never thought to check that part because the first thin i did was change the pass depth on the tool i always used an it still kept giving me the 2 passes instead of one but now its fixed!! im pretty new to upgrading and programming so your help was very appreciated!! :D