Draw Rectangle with Radius Corners Help

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Draw Rectangle with Radius Corners Help

Post by martin54 »

KeithW wrote:Is VC different? Sorry, I don't have it.

In Aspire, you can just use the fillet tool.
There is no difference between the drawing tools in Aspire & VCP Keith, yes you could use the fillet tool in VCP as well BUT in both programs you can create a rectangle with radiused corners directly from the rectangle tool by selecting the corner style. It's this function Walt seems to be having a problem with. :lol: :lol:

I am running V9 & create them the same way that Michael has already mentioned, only way I can create Walts problem is if I try to enter a radius that is to large for the size of the rectangle.

If you still have the problem file Walt I am sure vectric support would like to see it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adrian types faster than I do :lol: :lol:

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Post by WaltS »

Thanks all for the replies.

John, thanks, I will try Enter instead of Apply. Although Apply works...sometimes.

Not sure what I could be doing differently than others. Note, when it doesn't work, I have tried both 1. drawing with my mouse and 2. entering the dimensions in the Size boxes. Hit Apply. When it doesn't work it doesn't matter which method you use. I have also tried selecting Radiused External both Before and After drawing. When it works it works either way, when it doesn't it doesn't matter which you do first.

Eveytime I start to post a file it starts to work again. I don't see the need to post a file that works. Sigh. :?

joeporter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy Standard

Post by joeporter »

Walt, I wonder if there is something hanging up on your keyboard..I had a sticky key on one of mine that always left of the character after I typed it. I wonder if your point for the decimal is getting picked up...just a thought...joe

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I think I was able to duplicate the problem.
Draw a rectangle and click on create.
Exit the dialogue box
With nothing selected, open the create rectangle dialogue box
As the message at the bottom states, hold the shift key and select the rectangle
Change the radius of the corners
Whether you click on apply or just press enter the dialogue box reverts back to the original settings.

EDIT: The problem seems to be intermittent. The next time I tried it worked.
Steve

WaltS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot 2418 - Spindle - ScottP Spoilbrd

Post by WaltS »

Joe, thanks, that's a thought, but the decimal always appears where it should. But I will double check. Anything is worth a try.

Steve, thanks for trying! But...I never exit the dialog box. I open it, draw the rectangle, select external radius, enter a number, click apply. But otherwise it sounds like you are getting the same results as I am, including the intermittent part.