Here is a fun one

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
KWiK
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre

Here is a fun one

Post by KWiK »

Preview the vcarve as it is, and notice it misses the 5th from the center on the top left. Try editing the V carve and selecting all vectors. After you get tired of watching the line go back and forth cancel out of it. and preview. Sometimes I get cuts all the way through. The only semi efficient way I have figured out to cut this is to select inner and outer ones, skipping one each selection. Then do another Vcarve and select the other ones.
Attachments
V carve.zip
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 109 times

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Here is a fun one

Post by highpockets »

Try using Vector Validator, there are 1000 zero length spans once you get that fixed there are 119 intersections that need to be addressed.
John
Maker of Chips

KWiK
Vectric Craftsman

Post by KWiK »

Thanks. I forgot about the validator. But after fixing the zero length???? vectors, the intersections I zoomed in on , are not intersecting.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Selected one of the offending vectors went into node edit mode and looked for Intersections. I didn't find any, but I could have missed it. There are a lot of nodes per vector.

After fixing all the zero length spans, select all vectors, click on "Curve Fit" from Edit Objects group of tools. I used Bezier Curves, .01 Tolerance and checked "Replace selected vectors", click Preview the OK.

Go back to Vector Validator and Search All again. This time you should come up with a smaller number of Intersections. If you look close these are intersecting and need to be fixed.
Image 007.png
John
Maker of Chips

KWiK
Vectric Craftsman

Post by KWiK »

I agree there are a lot of nodes, but it still seems to me if there was truly an intersection you would be able to see it.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

They may not actually intersect when you zoom in (as the file is before any Fit to Curve options) but they are so close they can't be measured using 4 decimal places and all computer operations have to work to some level of tolerance so as far as the software is concerned they are intersecting.