2) Open the pull down menu, click the button on lower left to "show on drawing tab"
3) Very top of the screen, two icons that are blue, one for "geometry snapping", the other for "smart snapping" toggle on/off for both
Thanks, looks like I'm just going to stash 9.0 away and just work from 8.5 until something pops up where I can't live without it. Such simple changes and yet they completely turn me off.
1. Well that sucks. Wonder what the justification for that was - change for the sake of change? They couldn't just add the new features they wanted without rearranging everything else? Half the left-column isn't being used, there's no need to throw icons up top.
2. There are a lot of pulldown menus, I haven't found one yet that says "show on drawing tab". I found one for alignment, (Edit - Align Selected Objects - 9 options for alignment)), don't see an option for icons there.
3. I've toggled those buttons on/off/on/off/on/off. No matter what position they're in, I still see "distance #.#" when I drag a point.
I'd watch a tutorial, but I'm lazy and I just don't think I should have to relearn software completely just because of a simple upgrade. And I see the help file is now online. That's not going to be much help for those of us who aren't tied to the internet 24/7.
At least it was only $90.