Help with my first job on my New CNC

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Help with my first job on my New CNC

Post by martin54 »

Can't seem to add a picture of mine but they don't need to be perfectly clear to be able to see the level OK Doug, mine is made from an old chemical drum so way to big for your needs, to big for mine as well but it was free & I like free :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made from an old Auto Smart barrel a car Valeter had lying about, think it contained traffic film remover :lol:

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

martin54 wrote:Can't seem to add a picture of mine but they don't need to be perfectly clear to be able to see the level OK Doug, mine is made from an old chemical drum so way to big for your needs, to big for mine as well but it was free & I like free :lol: :lol: :lol:

Made from an old Auto Smart barrel a car Valeter had lying about, think it contained traffic film remover :lol:
True, you can see the shadow of the contents, but if I was going clear I would want clear to be able to see the contents and windstorm when in use.
I have the feeling the 2nd one is pretty light gauge plastic, might not even stand up to heavy suction.

Best method for vac use I have seen is people who live out in the sticks and just eject the contents outside the shop without a need for any bags, filters or containers at all. Not practical for most of us though I have thought of attaching a home brewed containment addon to my garage and ejecting the waste there via hole in the wall.
Doug

Jack cochran
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD4 Extended

Post by Jack cochran »

Iam a new owner of a shark cnc,hoping to find someone near Modesto,CA to help me with some hands-on teaching please email jrcochransr@yahoo.com

ElevationCreations
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: AVID PRO-Acorn , Shapeoko SO3 XXL & SO3s

Post by ElevationCreations »

I built a version of the sentry for about $35 in parts from eBay and amazon. It works well, had to put a bag holder in my drum to prevent false alarms, $17 from Ace hardware.

I also have a window in the top of the drum, but the cyclone is in a corner and no longer easily viewed since reorganizing the shop.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Heheheheheh :lol:

It just amazes me how we can go from - Hey guys how about speeds and feeds to a thread about dust collection ideas.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC