Installing VCP on new hard drive

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
naijin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home made

Installing VCP on new hard drive

Post by naijin »

Hi there, I have just replaced the hard drive on my computer in the shed, installed windows XP, and tried 3 times to install VCP 8.517 with out any luck, the computer goes through the installation process with out any problems, but when I start VCP I get an error message: MSVCR100.dll is missing, I have never had that trouble in the past, can anyone out there point me in the right direction, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nick

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Installing VCP on new hard drive

Post by martin54 »

That's a windows error, you should just be able to download the dll file & then copy it to the windows folder, that normally fixes the problem but not always. there is also a file checker built into windows but you would be best reading up on using it if you are not that familiar with computers.

If you try an internet search for the error code you should get lots of info, just avoid anything that asks you to download anything to check or anything asking for money as you don't need it :lol: :lol: :lol:

The microsoft community forums are quite good for windows problems & are free but they do sometimes link to paid for sites :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Have you installed SP3 for XP? VCarve needs that as a minimum.

I'm assuming it's a standalone PC and not connected to the internet? I wouldn't risk XP online these days.

naijin
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: home made

Post by naijin »

Thanks for the replies Martin54 and Adrian, just after I posted, I realised that I haven't installed service pack 3, it's too late to go to the shed now but it will the first priority in the morning.
Regards
Nick