X Y View

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: X Y View

Post by ger21 »

I agree with Adrian. What I'd consider the "front" is the right long side in your picture. Your standing at the end, not the front.
The problem with that style of machine, is you can't easily access it from what would normally be the front, due to the higher rails.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

firechief
Model of CNC Machine: MachMate

Post by firechief »

firechief wrote:Looking at the table as I stand. Homing is in the front to your left corner. Jog Y+ move to the left, jog X+ moves to the back. Mach4 jog buttons moves the same XYZ.
It will cut fine but XY in v carve view is 90 off. X is still x and Y is still Y.

Sorry about that The Y+ move from left to right . The X + moves away from you.

Frunple

Post by Frunple »

Yup, you have it connected wrong.
The X+ should move to the right, X- to the left.
Y+ away from you, Y- towards you.
Just swap the motor cables at the control box and be done with it.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

You could move the homing switches, then do the appropriate adjustments in Mach.

My machine is laid out like yours. I set it up so X motion is along the gantry and Y is along the bed rails.

That way, when I am standing in front of the machine it all makes sense. I jog x+ the head moves to the right, positive. Jog Y+ and the bridge moves away from me.

The X home switch is on the left side of the bridge. The Y home switch is on the front of the machine.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

firechief

Post by firechief »

I will move my X and Y motor drivers around a re setup mach4.
Big thanks to all of your help. I'am new a this and the learning curve is almost vertical.

firechief

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

TReischl wrote:You could move the homing switches, then do the appropriate adjustments in Mach.

My machine is laid out like yours. I set it up so X motion is along the gantry and Y is along the bed rails.

That way, when I am standing in front of the machine it all makes sense. I jog x+ the head moves to the right, positive. Jog Y+ and the bridge moves away from me.

The X home switch is on the left side of the bridge. The Y home switch is on the front of the machine.
Exactly What I am thinking about doing to my own machine. Makes tool changes and setups a heck of a lot easier. I am pretty certain when I replace my bed I am going to change it all around.
Glad this thread came along. Gave me the push I needed.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

firechief

Post by firechief »

I moved my motor wiring around, This is now work great X moves right and left... Y move back to front. Homing is now the front left corner for X Y. Had a little work in Mach4 but is work great.
Thanks for all the help on this, and hope some day I can help some one as well.

Tim

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

CNC Shark Family Owners Manual 10 March 2016.jpg
I know I am late but this image above from my owners manual always made sense to me. Besides it matches the Vectric programs.

It just made it a bit difficult creating signs. You have to create the sign in V-Carve orientated across the x-axis (as the long part of sign) then before you create any toolpaths you Group all vectors together and rotate it 90 degrees to the material so that the project sign would match the machine axis orientation (long part of sign on the y axis). Ungroup vectors then create all toopaths for project.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 12.005