Errors occured with enlarging image

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
100 Zixl
Model of CNC Machine: piranha fx

Errors occured with enlarging image

Post by 100 Zixl »

New to both CNC and Vcarve. Made a computer generated image, Brought it into vcarve and sized to fit board. I noticed about a dozen stray marks around the lines. Thought I would just go ahead and run it. Yep every stray mark had been cut. How do I avoid this with enlarging image to fit board?
image start point 5x5 enlarged to 11x11

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Errors occured with enlarging image

Post by martin54 »

Can you post a screenshot or two of what you are doing, makes it much easier to try and offer suggestions, guessing this is a 3d job you are working on as if it were just vectors you would easily be able to just delete the offending lines.

100 Zixl

Post by 100 Zixl »

No, just making and cutting out mandalas. Not overly complex ones at that,...right now as a testing idea.
Let me work on the screenshots.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

As Martin said, it's much easier with data (pictures or vcp file).

If by "stray marks" you're talking about open vectors. This is do to the image being imported and nothing to do with resizing. But this is all guess work with out more detailed information.
John
Maker of Chips

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What program did you use to produce the artwork in the first place? What file format did you export it from that program as?
If this is vector artwork then resizing makes absolutely no difference what so ever to content or quality. If it is vector artwork then removing the additional lines is pretty straight forward. Are you cutting these using a vcarve toolpath or a profile cut on the line ??

100 Zixl

Post by 100 Zixl »

Sorry my screenshot key on my lap top is not working. How about steps and where I see the error come in?
open vcarve
create new file
input job size
import bitmap for tracing
move select objects
in this next step--trace bitmap

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The only step that would do what you describe is the Trace Bitmap one. That is where all the vectors from the bitmap are created. You need to be make sure at that stage that the vectors that are created are what you want and you remove the ones that don't fit into your design. Quite often there will be tiny little rectangles and squares created if the imported image is heavily anti-aliased.

Automatically tracing a bitmap is very, very rarely a one-step operation. There is nearly always editing that needs to be done to the vectors to clean up. Personally I manually trace nearly all bitmaps I work with as it leads to much cleaner, simpler vectors.

Can't be more precise than that without seeing an actual file.

100 Zixl

Post by 100 Zixl »

Adrian wrote:The only step that would do what you describe is the Trace Bitmap one. That is where all the vectors from the bitmap are created. You need to be make sure at that stage that the vectors that are created are what you want and you remove the ones that don't fit into your design. Quite often there will be tiny little rectangles and squares created if the imported image is heavily anti-aliased.

Automatically tracing a bitmap is very, very rarely a one-step operation. There is nearly always editing that needs to be done to the vectors to clean up. Personally I manually trace nearly all bitmaps I work with as it leads to much cleaner, simpler vectors.

Can't be more precise than that without seeing an actual file.
How do I clean up vector lines? Or what do I need to click on to edit?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Have a look at the tracing images tutorials here - http://support.vectric.com/tips-and-tricks/select.php

It's a good idea to work your way through all the tutorials on the support site when you get a chance.

100 Zixl

Post by 100 Zixl »

Figured it out.
To be quick I was using a low resolution setting. Increase the size of any image and notice the boxes along any line that is at an angle. The program sees all the pixilation not a line and kind of makes circles to cover areas, these become the added stray marks along the lines.
Now it is just a matter of going back and working every thing in as high a resolution as possible.