Last Pass Reverse Direction Not Working

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
CosmosK
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: multiple

Re: Last Pass Reverse Direction Not Working

Post by CosmosK »

IslaWW wrote:Cosmos...
I opened your file and even the preview shows no reverse of direction. I added a rectangle (closed) vector, selected both, applied your toolpath parameters and it worked as expected (in the preview)
Working in preview doesn't mean it's working. This is the problem. If Vcarve couldn't do it, that would be one thing, but it's telling me it can then it doesn't, so it's lying to me. It's the principle of the thing ;)
Pen Marking Tools from www.cosmos-industrial.com also>> CNC Drag Knife is back!

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

What I was referring to was that "in the preview" your provided single open line did not reverse direction on the last pass, but when I applied your profile parameters to a rectangular closed shape, the last pass did reverse direction. I also tried unchecking "use start points" and no direction change.

For some reason, and there is nothing regarding this in the profile last pass section of the manual, the feature does not want to work as expected when using an open vector. I assume it is intended to work with both open and closed but I do not know that for a fact.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

mdixon
Model of CNC Machine: OX Machine

Post by mdixon »

Hello

I have a similar issue. I use two toolpaths, first to rough and then a finish path that I would like to merge by part. This is normally fine, but I seem to be getting a random merging where the finish toolpath happens before the roughing giving disasterous results!!

Have I done something wrong?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Merge by Part is definitely checked? Are there any overlapping vectors?