Commenting multiple toolpaths - Feature request

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
3IMOH

Commenting multiple toolpaths - Feature request

Post by 3IMOH »

Howdy-

Perhaps there is a way to do this by just editing the post, but it would be great to have VCP comment each separate toolpath when you save multiple toolpaths in one file. Sometimes I need to pause between toolpaths to set clamps, etc. Right now I have to hunt thru the code to find where one ends and another begins...I can picture just a simple comment above the toolpath with the name that was set in VCP.

Thanks for an outstanding product!

-Howie

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Howie,

This can be done in the postprocessor. If you drop an email to support@vectric.com telling us which post you are using we can send you a modified version which will output some identifiable data at the 'NEW_SEGMENT' position in the post.

Brian

3IMOH

Post by 3IMOH »

Thanks Brian-

Sent you guys an email...I am using the shopbot arcs alpha inch post.

I figured it could be done there, but I was not sure of the variables available to the post. Is there a document somewhere that defines them?

thanks again!
Howie

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

You could easily find the beginning of each new cut file within a multiple cut file by using the find command in the Shopbot editor or Windows Notepad. All cut files begin with a "MS" (move speed) command. You could enter a pause command and add identifying text.