Ez-Router troubles

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
MaxRichards
Vectric Apprentice

Ez-Router troubles

Post by MaxRichards »

Does anyone out there have a Ze-Router and are you having troubles with the Gecko motor controllers? I have replaced 4 now. I have it running on one 20 amp circuit and voltage test at 115 I have talked to Ez-Router but they were of no help.

Max Richards
Max
making molds & turningwood in west Texas

John S
Vectric Craftsman

Post by John S »

Gecko's have an absolute maximum of 80 volts and you are better at running nearer 70 volts to give some leeway.

John S.

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

I don't use either, but I have heard that Gecko give great support. If your not getting any help from Ez-Router I'd suggest contacting Gecko directly....they'll know a lot more about their products anyway.

Turtle49
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4' EZ-Router and Blurry customs SK25

Post by Turtle49 »

I've only had my EZ-router since the beginning of august, but I haven't had any issues.

How old is your machine?

Tim

MaxRichards
Vectric Apprentice

Post by MaxRichards »

Thanks for the help. I don't know much about these things the 115 volts is at the plug-in not the gecko. Ez-Router has tried to help but we just can't pin point the trouble. I should have though of calling gecko. I'll do that after Christmas and see if they can help and will get back. I have had my machine a little over a year the only other problem I have had is with the table I have trouble keeping it flat it needs planing often.

Thanks for the help.
Have a merry Christmas.
Max

lovebugjunkie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Romaxx HS1

Post by lovebugjunkie »

Max

What is going wrong with the controller board, does it smoke, not move one axis?

When you lose the board what process is happening? I.E. x,y or z movement, during applying power or just random?

Check the DC voltages going to the board from the power supply.
Since you have been in contact with EZ I assume you have check all your wire from each component end to end for shorts (even in the plug ends).

RickD

Post by RickD »

I have had my ez-router for two years now and I recently had a problem with my z axis . ez router kept trying to say it was the gecko drive ,But I was not convinced and finally bought a stepper motor replacement.that turned out to be the problem .They either did not know what they were doing or just were not listening to my trouble shooting thoughts. I am still happy with my machine ,But am a little concerned about their support.

MaxRichards
Vectric Apprentice

Post by MaxRichards »

I read the gecko manual and it states to drive should but exceed 70 c I think my drives are getting hotter than that. They get hot enough to feel hot to my hand. I often run my machine for hours at a time. When this one guit the machine had run for 5 hours. I agree that Ez-Router has been of no help with this issue. Gecko is closed for Christmas but I will call them and see what they say and will let the forum know what I find out.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Max

Kent McVicker

Post by Kent McVicker »

i have an ez router a little over a year old. this topic is of interest to me too. after following discussion on the mach 3 forum, i have too ask the stupid question, are you sure that it isn't one of the bugs in an older version of mach 3 causing your problems?

kent