Stop Simulation

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ikarus

Stop Simulation

Post by ikarus »

Hello,
I have a question concerning the simulation/preview. Mostly I rather have the problem that the simulation/preview is way to fast on my computer.
On some files again the simulation/preview is very slow...Once started and then dont want to wait until it is finished, is there any way to stop it?
The only way I have found, is to close down V-Carve. Guess that is not really the best way.
Hope you understand what I mean.

Regards from Germany
Roy

Sentinel
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Sentinel »

When you run a simulation, you will notice a bar at the bottom of VCarve window (with 'slider' moving as simulation goes on).

At the right side, there is a small red X button. Press it to stop the simulation.

EDIT: This button also shows up when you're calculating toolpaths. You can also use it to cancel toolpath calculation.
Attachments
stop_vcarve_simulation.jpg
stop_vcarve_simulation.jpg (1.34 KiB) Viewed 2051 times

ikarus

Post by ikarus »

Ooops... I pressed just about every button I could find.. except the little red x... Thanks for the help.
Any idea why the computer beeps when you press the button.

Regards
Roy

Sentinel
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Sentinel »

ikarus wrote:Ooops... I pressed just about every button I could find.. except the little red x... Thanks for the help.
Any idea why the computer beeps when you press the button.
Probably to let you know you've interruped something :D

I quite like the beep, though.

knighttoolworks
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shobot 48x96

Post by knighttoolworks »

the prieview will be far slower when doing pockets. you can also change the prieview quality under view to a higher setting and that will slow it all down.