Cutting Samples

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
mcurtis
Vectric Apprentice

Cutting Samples

Post by mcurtis »

Can all the examples in the samples folder be cut, or just the ones from the tutorials? Won't allow me to save the toolpaths for some samples.

FYI, it's nearly impossible to read the black text on the brown background in the forum. Can I change it as a user?

Maynard

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Maynard,

Only the examples from the tutorials can have the toolpaths saved. The other files are provided just as examples to play around with inside the program.

I'm not sure which text you are referring to as being unreadable, the text in these posts is black on mid grey, and the title areas are white on green on my computer so I'm not sure which areas you are seeing as black text on a brown background? We don't currently support changing the colour scheme on a per-user basis, but I am more than happy to try to change the overall scheme if some people are having difficulty reading it.

Regards

Brian

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Hi Brian!

Do you guys plan to enable attachments (images) posting soon? I think some of us would have a few good pics to show off about projects made from VCW... :wink:

Keep up the good work! :D

Paco 8)

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Hi Paco,

We do plan to enable attachments on the forum in the future. I’m hoping to collect a reasonable amount of feedback on what people would like to see changed / added and then schedule some time to make all the (feasible :D ) changes in one go. So keep the suggestions coming!

Cheers

Brian

mcurtis
Vectric Apprentice

Post by mcurtis »

It's when I post a reply(in the text area). Had to higlight the text to proof read. Seems to depend on the computer, OS, monitor ... I was on win 2000 when I had the problems. On xp (now) the background is charcoal with black text which works OK.

Cut the Open sign on my DIY router with great results. The vector tools have been very handy to alter my dxf's.

As Paco mentioned, it would be great to see some work created with VCW It appears the gallery contains preview images from VCW.

Maynard

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Post by BrianM »

Ok I give in .... :D

Posting of images should now work on the board. So if people have got images of jobs or samples they have cut with VCarve Wizard, please post them. It's 2:15 am so I'm quiting for the night (morning?) but tomorrow we will set up a seperate forum to post images in.

Cheers

Brian
Attachments
IMG_2190 (Small).JPG
House sign cut with VCarve Wizard on a ShopBot using a nice celtic font.
(36.4 KiB) Downloaded 987 times

BrianM
Vectric Staff

Test for thumbnail

Post by BrianM »

Should have thumbnail of sign
Attachments
Brigadoon.jpg
Sign on floor before trimming
(119.14 KiB) Downloaded 256 times