Problems cutting a series of straight vectors

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jbworden

Problems cutting a series of straight vectors

Post by jbworden »

I'm having a real problem trying to cut straight vectors using VCarve Pro. I am essentially cutting a sheet of plywood into 2.75" x 96" planks. To accomplish this I laid out the sheet in CorelDraw X3 and drew a straight vector the length of the sheet every 3 inches. Exactly 3 inches. Cutting these straight lines with a .25" bit should give me the 2.75" planks I need. Instead I get alternating planks of 2.37" and 3.13" all the way across. Exactly 3/4" difference allowing for a little rounding.

I triple checked the Corel File and reloaded the exported EPS file back into Corel also into Illustrator CS3 and the lines are exactly 3" apart. In the VCarve drawing area the are 3" apart as near as I can tell. Certainly not off by 3/4". Looking at the toolpath (SBP) file reveals it has been generated incorrectly. The Y coordinates are 2.750, 6.125, 8.750, 12.125, 14.75, etc.

More info is available at http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messag ... 1182180330

Any ideas about what is going on here?

Regnar
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Mechmate 48"x96"

Post by Regnar »

are you profiling on the line or are you doing inside or outside? You also might want to try a cad program, I have heard that corel gets close but not always accurate but I have no experience with this.

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Jim,

Please e-mail the complete VCarve Pro file - .CRV - that includes the vectors
and your calculated toolpaths to support@vectric.com and we will take a look.

Tony

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

I also use Corel X3.

when I want things perfectly aligned with the material, I draw the material boundaries in X3, and import it and the cutting lines into VCP. Then I use the centering tool to make everything perfect. (see below)

Just a side note, no matter with I do (unles I do the above), my files from X3 come into VCP exactly -.0139 in both X and Y. In other words, it does not seem like X3's idea of 0,0 when exporting is the same as the rest of the world.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns