Free Cabinet Doors Software that works with VCP

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
1BigPig
Vectric Craftsman

Free Cabinet Doors Software that works with VCP

Post by 1BigPig »

This is something that I have been working on updating for the last month:
http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/

It is called Free Doors and it is a collaboration between Mike Richards and me that let you create cabinet doors. There are many features and all are explained in the available "Getting Started" tutorial on the website. A major update is that it outputs G-Code and DXF files as well as ShopBot format (use to only output ShopBot format). By explorting the doors in DXF format, you can import them into V-CarvePro for further embellishement such as Vcarving images or 3D artwork from Cut3D.

Thanks,

Bruce Clark
PS Did I mention, it is currently free?

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

I have a couple of cabinet doors to make on my new router and will definately have a look at it. Thanks. :)

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Free is always good. I'll have to check it out. My wife has been bugging me to redo our kitchen.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

Cool I was just talking to LPC last night about a cabinet project. I will give this a good look.

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Hey Bruce, this looks cool...will have to check it out. Good timing too as I just got an order for some cabinet doors. May be a good time to try it.

Kimon, there you go! Good talking with you on the phone the other night too!

David
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

1BigPig
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 1BigPig »

David,

Glad I have good timing. Be sure to read the "Getting Started" tutorial on the website. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Also, once I get some time, I plan on doing a "Using FreeDoors" tutorial where I actually go through all the steps to making cabinet doors with the software. Maybe sometime next week.

Bruce

1BigPig
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 1BigPig »

Well, next week happened early. I went ahead and put the "Using Free Doors" tutorial on the Free Doors website.

Between the two tutorials available on the Free Doors website, someone who does not know anything about cabinet doors should be able to make their very own set after reading and following the instructions .

Hope they are usefull and informative.

Again, the website is:

http://home.centurytel.net/bwclark/

Thanks,

Bruce

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

I'm printing off your tutorials now Bruce and I'll read them over the next few days and play around with it a bit. I'm not sure how your software works with V-Carve Pro? From what I've seen so far it does the entire cabinet door thing with G-Code generation by itself. That's not a problem, I'm just curious. Or maybe I'll figure it out when I read the tutorials....thanks again...:)

1BigPig
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 1BigPig »

Breadboard,

Yes, the program does "everything" including the G-code export. It also exports DXF, which can be imported in VCP so additional embellishments can be added and you know that your Vcarving, Cut3D, or PhotoCarve paths will be in the correct position on each door. You should still use the cutting paths generated by the Free Doors program for the actual cutting of the doors--just be sure to air cut your first set if you are using G-code output.

Maybe I should do a "mini" tutorial on using Free Doors with VCP.

As for getting it to work directly with VCP, well that is something I am working on with Brian. Maybe some day it will happen, but I think they are busy trying to get version 4 done on time. We shall see what happens.

Bruce