Corian

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Corian

Post by Bob Reda »

I don't know if this is the right place for this, ir it isn't please move. I am selling corian, no specific colors. All I can fit in a large priority flat rate box, including shipping $45 anywhere in the lower 48. If interested contact me at 1reda(at)comcast.net

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Re: Corian

Post by ssflyer »

Colors are important, as is size. What thickness, size and colors do you have available?
Ron Sloan

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

I have tons of scraps and don't have the time or energy to catalog them. If that matters to one this is not for you. Sorry. It is all 1/2" They will all be about `12x12 so I can fit into a large flat rate shipping box that is 12x12x5. So you will get approx 10 pieces.

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

I have had some inquires as to if I had any white. I do not have any white scraps but if enough are interested I can get a sheet or two of white. Now unfortunately it will not be at the $45 per package rate. My best guess (until I can get a firm price, that would depend on the number of sheets) would be for a package of 10 pieces of 1/2 thick white with shipping priority large box would run $250 per package. At that price I would not require anyone to get ten. You would be able to get as many as you like but the postgage would remain at $15 per package. If interested, please contact me at the email address above. I will be going to pick up corian next Thurs. so if interested let me know soon.

Thanks
Bob

lovebugjunkie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Romaxx HS1

Post by lovebugjunkie »

If people that contact you for white are doing lithopanes I think 1/4 inch thick would work better. When I was cutting lithos and used some 1/2 inch stuff 80 to 90 percent (approx) was being cut away as waste.

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

I could check the 1/4, but I would tend to believe there is not much difference in price.
There are not enough people at this time that seem interested, until there are I won't do too much.
Bob

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

lovebugjunkie wrote:If people that contact you for white are doing lithopanes I think 1/4 inch thick would work better. When I was cutting lithos and used some 1/2 inch stuff 80 to 90 percent (approx) was being cut away as waste.
1/4" Corian can be hard to get, as it's typically not a stock item and has minimum sheet requirements to order.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

and it will probbly cost more since it is not standard.

Bob

astriapo

Post by astriapo »

$45 flat rate for 12x12 is a steal. I bought 9 samples from Corian 10x10 and it was 150 bucks! :)

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

astriapo wrote:$45 flat rate for 12x12 is a steal. I bought 9 samples from Corian 10x10 and it was 150 bucks! :)
We buy almost $100,000 worth of Corian a year, and pay between $12 and $20/sq.ft, depending on color. Half sheets (30x72) are about 50% more. :shock:
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

Folks,
the $45 flat rate is for 10 pieces including shipping as long as I pick the color from my piles. For white, if enough are interested I believe I said I would go buy it and charge $240 for 10 pieces approx 12x12. I have a large quantity of scraps that the names are no longer on them and my mind doesnt remember the name of them from years past. If you want assorted colors thats fine, If you are looking for certain colors this is not for you.

Thanks
Bob

astriapo

Post by astriapo »

This is perfect for someone learning and can't spend a ton of money on Corian. :)

roy_okc
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY 80/20 ~18"x48", Mach 3

Post by roy_okc »

Bob Reda wrote:Folks,
the $45 flat rate is for 10 pieces including shipping as long as I pick the color from my piles. For white, if enough are interested I believe I said I would go buy it and charge $240 for 10 pieces approx 12x12. I have a large quantity of scraps that the names are no longer on them and my mind doesnt remember the name of them from years past. If you want assorted colors thats fine, If you are looking for certain colors this is not for you.

Thanks
Bob

Bob,

Could you handle generic color requests, such as light green, dark blue, or even just red? This would obviously be dependent on you having such on hand. That might be close enough for many, like me, who would like to take advantage of your offer but don't want to end up with a bunch of neon pink.

Thanks,
Roy

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard

Post by Bob Reda »

Roy, I would do the best I can. I am color blind first of all. I believe i send a good mixture of light and dark material. There are at least three different colors in a box. I have dark grey with specs, dark blue with specs, light with specs I even have some oval that are 18-20" at the widest. I could try but can't guarentee with my eyesight with the colors. I also have a liminted amount, probably 2 more orders of the buttercreme which I use for lithos. I think the buttercreme makes a litho softer than white and I like that look better. The buttercreme comes in widths 7-10 inches x approx 12" you would get 10 in a box no matter the width.

Bob

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi Guys: Seems like some of you need white .25 Corian for litho's. I have a number of sink and stove cut-outs in ice white and off white. Most of my Litho's are no bigger than 5x6 or so. I cut the corian into 5.5 inch wide strips and split in half on my table saw edge wise. This leaves me with about a 0.20 thickness per half. I then base the litho perameters on that and cut from the sawed side and leave a 1/4 inch frame around the litho. I could supply some of this corian price to be based on how much and what lenght you can live with. PM me for more info if desired