Trend Router bits.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
The Sawdust Factory

Trend Router bits.

Post by The Sawdust Factory »

I bought a 60d router bit from a Woodcraft show a couple years ago. It was a Trend bit
# C043x1/4tc. The supply in the USA has dried up. I called the USA Corp office and got Voice mail and no responce. I emailed the Corp. in England and got no responce.

I know this seems like a lot of trouble for a bit but it's worth it. The bit comes to such a sharp point that it can be used to draw blood samples. This bit gives such fine detail. I've uploaded a sample carved in melamine. I would be still using this bit if I hadn't dropped it and chipped the point off. :cry:

What I need is a Stockist in England that exports to the USA or someone that still stocks this bit in the USA.

Thanks
The Sawdust Factory
Attachments
Kimmy.jpg

Warren
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Router

Post by Warren »

Hi Sawdust ...

If you can't find any stockist in the USA or one from the UK that exports, let me know and I will get you some and send them over to you.
The price here says they are £11.00 each.

Cheers,
Warren.

PS.
What finish did you use on the "melamaine" ?
Looks good.

centurion

Post by centurion »

Contact Centurion Tools LLC they are making a fine point V-carve bit in 60,90, and 120 degree solid carbide in 1/4" 3/8" and 1/2" 3/4 with 1/2 shank is on the way also. You will not see them on the web site, but next month it will be an e-commerce site and they will be on it

Fred
Fred

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

My local B&Q stocks Trend bits! I'll have a look at the weekend and see if they have that specific one, if so I'd be more than happy to send you some.