Windows new operating system - Vista

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Phil
Vectric Wizard

Windows new operating system - Vista

Post by Phil »

I'm shopping for a new computer. I've read that there are compatability problems with some software. Has anyone tried VCarve, Photo VCarve and Cut 3D on a Vista computer?

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Re: Windows new operating system - Vista

Post by CRFultz »

Phil wrote:I'm shopping for a new computer. I've read that there are compatability problems with some software. Has anyone tried VCarve, Photo VCarve and Cut 3D on a Vista computer?
I'm holding out for SP2....

Randy
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Randy »

I'm holding out for the port to Linux. :twisted:

Sorry, just had to throw that in. Don't mean to start any wars.
Slowly I turned...
Randy

melarky
Vectric Apprentice

Post by melarky »

I'm getting a new computer soon, and would love to know the answer to this as well. Any word from the developers on this? Any official stance? Hopefully someone can answer this question soon.

melarky
Vectric Apprentice

Post by melarky »

I got my new computer over the weekend, and I just finally got it all up and running and installed Vcarve on it. It seems to be working on Vista with no problems. I only played around with it a bit, but I tried to use many of the different tools and created many different kinds of tool paths, and so far it's worked just as great as it does on XP.

I'm sure I'll be playing with this more in a week or so, but just wanted to let everyone know in the meantime, it seems like it is completely compatible with vista.

NSchlee
Vectric Craftsman

Vista

Post by NSchlee »

I read an article on Vista yesterday, it stated that if you are having compatabilty issues with a program while running Vista. Try "right clicking" the program icon and it allows you to associate backwards compatabilty of the various Windows OS's back to Windows 95 for that program. Worth a try.

Neal

dacostad

Post by dacostad »

I am running V-Carve and cut 3d on Vista with no problems.

David