First I'd like to say that this software is very cool. Also, since I'm running a trial version some of the following list may have already been
addressed or is in the process of.
1. Script interface : essentially automating EVERY possible command (and option) with the ability to select vectors or individual nodes (this ties
The first thought for this was to allow the automation of a large quantity of customized designs (ie nametags). Also, include the option
to generate and save (sequential filenames?) the crv AND machining file (with postp selection) AND a preview image. The preview image is to insure the toolpath has been created correctly.
2. Vector explorer : list of every vector with sub node list (for #1 and to make editing easier)
3. Panning in 3D view : I can only rotate (I probably just dont know how)
4. Key commands dont appear to work when in mid vector modification (scaling, moving, etc...)
5. Unable to offset around an open vector, I'd like to be able to around straight lines. (ie create a border)
6. Creating near or totally zero height rectangles crashes
7. Command line interface (built into window a live connection to #1... probably just as easy to combine them)
8. Snap to grid, grid spacing, and lock to angle (holding shift locks line drawing to closest angle, like most drawing software)
9. When creating a cut past the edge, the line has to be past the material edge. A tool indicator line that can be set (like grid spacing) for
specific cutters to indicate the cutting edge to fully pass thru the edge
10. Node connection (I know vectors can be connected using join) but selecting 2 (or more) nodes to join them
11. A design template file, tied to #1. Using a predesign base that can then be customized via automation.
12. Measuring tool (virtual tape measure)
13. Is there a way to reset the origin?
14. Assigning colors to vectors (via the vector explore #2) just to make editing easier
15. Locking vectors (via #2)
16. Option to update toolpaths when changes are made to associated vectors.
Possibly a vector explorer for each toolpath (so vectors can be added/deleted/updated without having to completely recreate toolpath).
I know this list is long, in fact I have had a lot more ideas... that I'll add later. I also realize the complexity in some of the features.