Using Vcarve pro to do 3D images

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
patmcl
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: shop bot

Using Vcarve pro to do 3D images

Post by patmcl »

Can I use V-Carve pro to do cut images into 3D. I mean I want to be able to take a picture and carve into a 3D image on my wood. Can anyone point me in the direction of software to do this or better still tutorials in V-Carve Pro to achieve this effect. I have a basket ball that I want to carve 3D then text on the same sign that will be just V-Carved. Please let me know the easiest way to do this. (Pat from Canada Loving my CNC cutter with V-Carve pro)
Learning by trial and error or with the help of others is still learning and a great addiction!

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Re: Using Vcarve pro to do 3D images

Post by zeeway »

If the basketball is carved as a 2-1/2 D image, the top will be spherical and v-carve will not be able to follow the contour. If you v-carve the basketball as a 2D image (with the outline and the interior lines v-carved) the top of the basketball with be flat and v-carve can be used to carve that. If you are trying to carve letters onto a shape, you need Aspire.

Angie

patmcl
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: shop bot

Re: Using Vcarve pro to do 3D images

Post by patmcl »

Thanks for the reply Angie
Learning by trial and error or with the help of others is still learning and a great addiction!