Hi :)

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Sentinel
Vectric Apprentice

Hi :)

Post by Sentinel »

I am usually not very social (especially on the Internet), but I just had to register and say...

WOW!

First of all, software itself looks amazing (will explain later why).

And second - you guys, on this forum, are simply unreal. I've never seen nicer bunch of people on forum, regardless of the "topic". There is no egoism, everyone is willing to help, and let's not forget that developers are reading/posting here as well. Doesn't feel like "vendor forum", feels like bunch of buddies got together :)

Now, back to the software.

I have absolutelly no knowledge about machining or CNC. I am total newbie. I've spent past 15 years of my life in network/computer/GSM security, and just woke up one day and decided that I've had enough of that (started to hate it, hehe). So, I've decided that I want to do something I always wanted - use CNC machine, and actually create something that I can touch (or throw, if needed) - hopefully it'll earn some money too. Yeah, it's probably insane, but who cares - machine will be on its way soon, I hope.

For the past 2 weeks I've been reading everything I could, in regards to CNC machining, and I've reached the famous "information overload" stage, where I simply couldn't understand things anymore. It all got too mixed up.

Then I came across VCarve. And tutorials. I know it sounds silly, but I've understood more about "how that damn thing works" from watching your tutorials, than from reading tech documents about machines, drills, etc.

We (my brother and I are in this together now, he liked the idea, hehe) already ordered other software to come with machine, but when we saw VCarve, we quickly canceled it. Your software has nice and simple GUI, is intuitive, can be used by idiots (me), and is perfect solution for those like me, who are just getting into CNC world.

Although I could reverse engineer low-level protocols and do similar crap for living, I just couldn't understand 90% of things in most CAM programs, because they assume I'm a machinist. VCarve doesn't, so I fell in love with it.

Thank you for that.

Don't raise the price now, please :mrgreen:

And get ready to ban me for asking too many dumb questions :wink:

P.S: Usual "I am not a native English speaker, blah, blah" disclaimer applies, so please ignore spelling/grammar errors, that so many people on various forums care *so* much about. Thanks.

CRFultz
Vectric Wizard

Post by CRFultz »

Hi Sentinel,
Welcome to the Vectric Forum. :D
As you said, there are a bunch of really good folk here.
Please ask any question you like...I'm sure someone will get you a answer.
We look forward to hearing from you and we hope you show your work progression as well.

Take Care
Chuck

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi Sentinel and welcome to the forum,

We're pleased you like the software, and couldn't agree with you more regarding the helpfulness of the people here on the forum - they really are a great bunch.

Look forward to reading more of your posts and questions when you get your machine - be sure to post some pictures :)

Brian