VCarve will not Start

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
truckeemaker
Model of CNC Machine: Velox VR5050

VCarve will not Start

Post by truckeemaker »

When I open VCarve Pro, the software will not connect to the Internet. Opening a new file gives the pop up error "Failed to connect to the Vectric Server - please check your connection to the Internet" although the computer(s) are connected to the internet and operating as normally.

I am running VCVarve Pro 9.015, brand newly installed. The same error occurs on both the CNC machine controller computer at our makerspace, and also on the Makerspace Editions on people's laptops. I contacted support, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: VCarve will not Start

Post by Adrian »

Presumably it's because it's the Makerspace edition it needs to connect to the server as that's not a standard VCarve issue.

Have there been any antivirus or Windows updates recently that may have blocked the Vectric software? Check the Firewall and Network Settings in Windows.

Otherwise it may be that the problem is at the Vectric end and you'll have to wait for support to fix it.

AlanAndrews
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ELU860

Post by AlanAndrews »

As Adrian has said, it may be an issue with the server being down/non available.

If you have a web address or IP address that your system is trying to connect to then you can use the ping <server address/IP address> in a DO?S window to see if the server is live.

Otherwise I suggest that you wait until the normal business day and hope that the company IT Support team have identified the issue and brought the server online again.

Mikehell
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: eBay special China 3040

Post by Mikehell »

We have this issue as well. They told us that they are having problems with the server. Some sort of issue with the Google cloud or something.