Small 1/4' thick boxes.

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
cusoak
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL

Small 1/4' thick boxes.

Post by cusoak »

Attached File is for cutting one piece plywood boxes with a .5 vbit. out of 1 piece of wood.
I would like to be able to have a file /program that would allow me to bring up what you see and resize it to what ever size box I need.
any ideas on how to do this.
Jeff
Attachments
Picture frame.crv
(31.5 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Small 1/4' thick boxes.

Post by Adrian »

Just use the Resize tool.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What you need is box fold software, think it is used for designing packaging but has other uses as well.

I did a google search & found a few, some are free some are online with downloadable files, this is one of the ones I found which looks like it would do what you want but try a search yourself as there is probably something better suited.

http://www.makercase.com/

Just so you know I have never tried this software & know nothing about it :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

To vary the thickness of the actual cut use the T variable in the cut depth minus the skin you want to leave so for a 1/4" box rather than putting 0.248 in the cut depth you would put T-0.002. That way whenever you change the the thickness of the job you just have to press the recalculate all button for the toolpaths to recalculate and match the new material thickness.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Adrian wrote:...use the T variable... That way whenever you change the the thickness of the job you just have to press the recalculate all button...
Just be careful. I find that in some instances when you edit the toolpath later VCarve will evaluate and replace the t-0.002 with 0.248 and you may not know it. Not so annoying when you're going from thin to thick material but highly annoying the other way around.

Steven

RhoTu
Vectric Craftsman

Post by RhoTu »

Adrian, thank you, I totally missed that section of the manual. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

RT