Vectric Wizard

Re: My Hobby CNC gallery - Cut3D in Cut2D

Post by Phil »

Very nice, what material did you use?

Phil

FiFoLuBo

Post by FiFoLuBo »

Phil wrote:Very nice, what material did you use?

Phil
I now use the beech.
Lubo

FiFoLuBo

Post by FiFoLuBo »

03. Duck Hunting.jpg
05. Leopard Head.jpg
06. Elk + Benecko.jpg
07. Jumping Elk + Benecko.jpg
08. Old Cultivator.jpg
09. Troust Scene.jpg

scrapmaker

Post by scrapmaker »

Those look great. I have tried some of the same images but am having trouble with the detail washing out even with a 1/16" ball nose. What size are you carvings and do you have any hints on how to keep them so clear?

FiFoLuBo

Post by FiFoLuBo »

scrapmaker wrote:Those look great. I have tried some of the same images but am having trouble with the detail washing out even with a 1/16" ball nose. What size are you carvings and do you have any hints on how to keep them so clear?

scrapmaker,

I'm sorry, I do not have any advice. I finished it, only manually. Only with use sandpaper and abrasive sponge and hand small milling machine. Into small things, I yet use - extra pass at 90 degrees to first, in Cut3D. See photo, finishing 1,5mm Ball Nose Dia.
12. Funny Farm.jpg

cybertech99

Post by cybertech99 »

Question how did you make a dish in a square in cut3d be a oval in cut2d?

FiFoLuBo

Post by FiFoLuBo »

cybertech99 wrote:Question how did you make a dish in a square in cut3d be a oval in cut2d?
dish shape is in 3D model and the ovals I drew in Cut2D

uponone000

Post by uponone000 »

Hi there I just love your gallery! I am new to the cnc world and I just recently purchased a cnc shark pro plus. I myself will be using it for hobby and to make gifts for the family. I just have the basic program that came with my machine which is called "vcarvepro". I noticed when using this program I am not allowed to download just any picture into it and carve. I was told I need to buy the "photovcarve" program to do this. But after reviewing peoples submitted works using the photovcarve I am not really to impressed with it. I'm not crazy about all those lines that show in in the wood from the program. I'm looking for a program where I can load any picture and get that 3d effect look like the pictures you submitted here. What program do you use to obtain this look? I'd really appreciate it if you would point me in a direction. Thanks so much! Have a wonderful night!

Steve :)

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Post by tonydude919 »

Hey Steve,
Check out http://cncsharktalk.com/viewforum.php?f=2 It's for the cnc shark, all kinds of info.

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

P.Passuello
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's Hybrid

Post by P.Passuello »

Steve

The work was done using Cut3d and Cut2d software as the title of this thread say's. The basic program VCarvePro that you have is a far superior version of Cut2d so you already have half the software you need to do this. Unfortunately there is no such program that can take one photo and render it into a 3D image as both you and I would like and the closest thing to it is PhotoVCarve. It can do both VCarving and a version of poor mans 3D if you set the stepover to about 7% and use a ballnose cutter. I suggest you download PhotoVCarve trial and play with it. If you are getting lines when using a ballnose cutter you aren't doing it right. The work we have been admiring are actual 3D drawings and not made from photo's but drawn by very talented artists using software like aspire, Blender or Z Brush etc.
This is then put into Cut3d where the 3d toolpaths are done and then output to Cut2d for the final profiling of the dish. The screen dumps at the beginning of this post show the process. I could be wrong but I think some those models come from Vectorart3d.com. They have some free samples you can play with and you can download 3dMachinest software, (A cut down version of Cut3d), for free and have a play.

Excellent and inspiring work Lubo.
I hope you post some more of your work and I look forward to it.

Cheers
Peter
The ingenuity of idiots is unlimited.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cncnutz

mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Post by mboydraska »

Very nice carvings, I too have those models and also had problems "washing" out but seems to help slowing the machining time down with smaller bit. I have not tried beech material usually maple. Tight grain and harder wood helps with detail. Keep posting like your work.
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike

FiFoLuBo

Post by FiFoLuBo »

Hi everyone,

I appreciate the recognition. Peter many thank you for your response, it is very accurate answer :-)

Thank again

Regards

uponone000

Post by uponone000 »

Thank you very much for your reply Peter it's much appreciated my friend.

Steve :)

cybertech99

Post by cybertech99 »

cybertech99 wrote:Question how did you make a dish in a square in cut3d be a oval in cut2d?
The model he is using is most likely a purchase from vectorart3d.com and there VA3D Machinist Models has built in machine margins that keep the bit inside the dish. I haven't been able to find any way to simulate that with a dxf or stl yet. I am really hoping for a Cut3d update at some point to address some of this issues.

Hope that helps.
Cyber