Droid build mostly with Cut2d

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
wthierry

Droid build mostly with Cut2d

Post by wthierry »

This is a robot I am working on, and its all done with cut2d, with the exception of the dome (the grey part on top)

Its been cut from flat 1/8 and 1/32 styrene plastic, and glued together with styrene glue... coming along nicely...Image

if interested in this check out r2builders....
Attachments
r2.jpg

moto633
Vectric Wizard

Re: Droid build mostly with Cut3d

Post by moto633 »

Very cool my kids would kill for one of those!!

How long do you have in building it?

Thanks for posting,
Nick

wthierry

Re: Droid build mostly with Cut3d

Post by wthierry »

moto633 wrote:Very cool my kids would kill for one of those!!

How long do you have in building it?

Thanks for posting,
Nick
Its about 250 dollars in sheet plastic, and about 2 weeks work to get him to that stage (not counting the head, since I bought that from someone)

xtremeRCpilot

Re: Droid build mostly with Cut2d

Post by xtremeRCpilot »

WOW, that looks Awesome!! I am a huge Star Wars fan and this definitely opens new windows designing in 2D! A buddy of mines friend is part of the R2D2 Builders club http://r2-d2builder.com/ he makes Aluminum Domes for the builders!! I think they are expensive but it is amazing at the end results!! Some of these guys have thousands of dollars into these R2 units!! Keep the pics coming on this!! :P

Thanks
John

wthierry

Post by wthierry »

xtremeRCpilot wrote:WOW, that looks Awesome!! I am a huge Star Wars fan and this definitely opens new windows designing in 2D! A buddy of mines friend is part of the R2D2 Builders club http://r2-d2builder.com/ he makes Aluminum Domes for the builders!! I think they are expensive but it is amazing at the end results!! Some of these guys have thousands of dollars into these R2 units!! Keep the pics coming on this!! :P

Thanks
John
thanks for that. I actually have an entire blog targeting cnc and r2d2 with cut2d check it out. www.westhierry.net

wes

xtremeRCpilot

Post by xtremeRCpilot »

That is Fantastic Wes!!! Your R2 is amazing!! I check out the site often and am blown away at the detail in these R2 units!! I would love to build one some day but it will have to wait until my Kids are a little older and I have more free time!!
I have on old R2 pepsi cooler I break out for the kids B day party's and its always a hit!!
He is one of my favs from the epic movie series!! Keep the pics coming!! I have your blog saved!!
Thanks
John

xtremeRCpilot

Post by xtremeRCpilot »

OMG!!! Wes I take that back, I just went a little further into you blog and didnt realize you have a step by step on your build!! This is AMAZING!!!! Now I have to build one :) I also use SKP pro 8 and mach3 for my CNC design and cutting needs!! I have the Cut2D Software so I should be set!! I have a DIY CNC machine not up to par for cutting aluminum, mostly fom and soft materials! I would prefer to do this in the poly materials for $ savings!! MY KIDS are going to love this and I will get my 6 year old son involved!! Thank you so much for doing this blog!! I will let you know how I progress and contact you with questions if thats OK!!
Take care
John

wthierry

Post by wthierry »

No problem, let me know what questions you have, it will help me make the blog more complete.

Wes