getting run my new 24x36

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

getting run my new 24x36

Post by gravirozo »

hi...
back before christmas i bought a 24x36 from camaster... however i couldnt run up due to lack of 220 v....last week i've got all stuff, digged around the yard and put the 220 in the shed :-)
here's a few few pic to use the cut 2d.... looks a little program... but knows big...

i bought a few model before and it can use 'em... on the pix the rough out, and the finishing of the last suppper... i try to make it out like a 700x220 mm...
i just can't get use inch :-(

rough out around with a halfinch endmill, 3/8 for rough/ 2 mm stepover, and 3/32 for finish... but as i see even this large size, still i should use 1/16 bit... on the faces looks like i loose detail...
Attachments
my first machine 12x18
my first machine 12x18
the roughing..
the roughing..
finish pass..
finish pass..
closer pic on the finish
closer pic on the finish

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Re: getting run my new 24x36

Post by cabnet636 »

welcome aboard, i also have two camasters and when i saw the first router i had to do adouble take then in the second photo i saw the stinger, i am sure there is a forum for the machine owners and guest
www.camheads.org and if we can help with files or such speak up

jim mcgrew
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

thanks...

yepp... this works well.... and exactly same was on my mind, while the machine was run hour after hour... a second would be good... as long as the firs run, the second still available...
on the little still i can work out some small plates... that's not strong, but enough precise to make relief, and letters...
i use the cut2d, corel 9... and drive the machines with turbocnc...
the 4.1 of turbo already makes the continous conturing... like the servos...
not so fast but the result is smoot, no longer stopmarks on the surface...
later i want to post the dusthood you can see on the pix... before i started with the new machine, first i made this... it's realy works well 'cause the opening very close to the surface, and the opening not larger than 150percen of the vachose... so the vacpover don't losing ... ok i back to finish this stuff i just want to post the finished part...
Attachments
the finishpass is over:-)
the finishpass is over:-)

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hi Vicktor
It seems a nice job. Have You already finished it?
The details of clothes, hair and lining on the table are very interesting.
Did you Used a 3d model? Or a plain picture processed in corel.

Nemo

jrj5x5
Vectric Craftsman

Post by jrj5x5 »

Nemo wrote:Hi Vicktor
It seems a nice job. Have You already finished it?
The details of clothes, hair and lining on the table are very interesting.
Did you Used a 3d model? Or a plain picture processed in corel.

Nemo
That appears to be the last supper James Booth sells on his site.
The detail looks good.
I purchased this model from James Booth and did a few carvings as gifts at Christmas.
I also own a Camaster.
Thanks for posting your work.
The good news is your project looks great; the fantastic news is you will only get better.

I would be interested to know what method you used to alter the border to James Booth's last supper file.
CAMaster
Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0 & Adobe cs2
Vcarve pro, Photocarve, Cut3D, Aspire

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hi

thank you... i have finished it... it's made for a sample... but eventually i gave my friend... so i have to cut another one...
i bought the A version... but if you own aspire, then you can use the eps contur that you can download from the vectorart3d too.. placed, aligned and scaled, and you can use only the center of the B and C version too... ie aspire will compute what is inside the contur...

i used the machinist to compute toolpath, and with cut2d made the cleanaround and the "frame"... this model about 700 mm long and i used 1/16 for finish pass...
already i have cut twice this model, and looks soon need the third...
since that i bought some more model and they really good quality... i plan to buy some collection...

thanks
viktor