Dust Shoe

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
indycraft

Dust Shoe

Post by indycraft »

I finished up this dust shoe a couple of days ago in anticipation of getting to move ahead with the high frequency horn lens project I posted a while back.

I used the cnc to cut 3/8" and 3/16" polycarbonate.

I do have some concerns about the brushes catching on the work but have some ideas to minimize. I did cut a nest yesterday and while the shoe did catch it did not cause any problems.
Attachments
dustshoe.jpg

joecnc2006
Vectric Wizard

Re: Dust Shoe

Post by joecnc2006 »

You also have to watch out for the Dust Boot from Hitting any Hold down clamps you may have, Here is the One we use on My CNC 4x4 Hybrid, it uses the Refrigeration Vinyl.

Joe

indycraft

Post by indycraft »

Hello Joe,

I have seen your video before. That looks very good.

As you noted the clamps are the biggest concern. I do have an idea about those. If it works I will post a picture. If it doesn't I'll have to switch vinyl.

Thanks,
Bart
joecnc2006 wrote:You also have to watch out for the Dust Boot from Hitting any Hold down clamps you may have, Here is the One we use on My CNC 4x4 Hybrid, it uses the Refrigeration Vinyl.

Joe

cabnet636
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster 508 ATC

Post by cabnet636 »

you can get strip brush from macmaster-carr and the aluminum holder in various length's

i use the nylon as the sweep is just soft enough to not lift ir bind on direction change

jim
Attachments
IMG_2472.JPG
James McGrew
http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com
CAMaster ATC 508 24/7 http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

indycraft

Post by indycraft »

A few more pictures.

The box "floats" on the surface of the material and remains on top of the material even as the z axis goes up and down. I can set the bits in the router normally. The box can and does catch on the hold down straps that secure material to the worktop but not enough to cause a problem...........so far.

Bart
Attachments
dustshoe3.jpg
dustshoe4.jpg
dustshoe5.jpg
dustshoe6.jpg
dustshoe1.jpg
dustshoe2.jpg