My second Cut2D project

The Gallery is for posting photographs and images of work machined using Cut2D
Jon_sparky

My second Cut2D project

Post by Jon_sparky »

Hi,
This is a prototype for a concertina reed board, it is a replacement for a 1870's concertina I am rebuilding. The board is cut from bass wood, the finished one will be made from English Sycamore. The reeds slide into the slots, there are 20 reeds, 10 per side, in a 51/2" diameter hexigon.
[url=http://imageshack.us]Image

Take care,
Jon

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: My second Cut2D project

Post by metalworkz »

Hi Jon,
It looks very good! It looks like the short veritcal pieces are perhaps done seperately and then added or are all the verticals added? How long did it take to do it? Thanks for sharing the info and pictures.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

Jon_sparky

Post by Jon_sparky »

metalworkz wrote:Hi Jon,
It looks very good! It looks like the short veritcal pieces are perhaps done seperately and then added or are all the verticals added? How long did it take to do it? Thanks for sharing the info and pictures.
Yes, The baffles fit into datto's that are pre-cut with Cut2D. Took me a few hours (say 5 hours) to measure the original and draw it in AutoCad. Then loading it into Cut2D, that was the easy part. :) The cutting took about 2 hour to cut both sides. When I get the reeds intalled and the chamy gaskets on, I will post another photo. These little instruments have a lot of parts in them!
Take care,
Jon

Jon_sparky

Post by Jon_sparky »

Here is a photo of the first finished reed pan, next to the original, from the 1870's. The wood is quilted English Sycamore, lovely stuff.

Take care,
Jon

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Wow, I've never seen one of these instruments before. Please post a completed pic when its finished.